Assassin Moon Review
Assassin Moon uses a HyperHold™ slot mechanic that has become quite popular in offline casinos, but the Microgaming casino exclusive is one of the very few online slots to have it. Supported by not just a highly rewarding game mechanic, but also an exciting new theme of covert assassinations, gorgeous spies, and villains with the classic eye patch, Assassin Moon was quite an interesting online slot to review.
Quick Assassin Moon Facts
Assassin Moon is a 5-reel, 3-row Mega Jackpot slot game developed by Triple Edge Gaming. The game is only available at Microgaming casinos, and before you head over to one, let’s go over the basics first. Assassin Moon has 25 paylines, fixed in a left to right arrangement. Players can wager between 0.10 and 20 credits per spin. You can win up to 12,5000 times the total bet placed, meaning the game has a very high volatility. The game has an average return to player of 96.08%. Don’t forget about the special features such as the Mega Jackpot and HyperHold™ Bonus too.
Signs and Symbols
Aside from the expected card suit symbols (A, K, Q, J, etc.), Assassin Moon also uses the antagonist (Luna’s target), the protagonist (Luna from Monte Carlo), dice, martinis, sports cars, the Full Moon (scatter) and various other symbols in line with the opulent theme of high life, murderous characters and a moonlit villa that houses them all.
Special Symbols: Wilds and Scatters
The wilds can appear at any time and replicate any of the signs on Assassin Moon’s game reels, as long as it helps the player make the best possible winning combination. It cannot, however, act as the Full Moon scatter symbol.
The scatter, on the other hand, serves a more complex set of functions, as explained below:
- The appearance of 3 or more scatters on the reels, regardless of their positions, will give you 10 free spins
- 6 or more scatters will unlock the HyperHold™ bonus
- 15 scatters must be landed during the bonus rounds to win the Mega Jackpot
- Getting one Mega Moon symbol will be equal to landing 9 of the regular ones
- If your win during any of the turns involves 3 or more scatter symbols, the winning amount for that round will be multiplied by the total amount staked
- Scatter wins and payline wins can be landed simultaneously and they will both be part of the final winning amount when you are ready to cash out
Why Play Assassin Moon
Although slot games are not exactly known for a story, there is certainly a setting here in Assassin Moon. Our protagonist spy, Luna is looking to assassinate her next target, aka a villain with the eye patch, as well as anyone else who may stand between them. High-quality graphics and animation, supported by a thrilling soundtrack, brings the huge villa, its villainous guests and the gorgeous spy to life. Last but not the least, due to the high volatility of the slot, there is always a chance to win big, even if you only land a Mini jackpot.